Followers

Thursday 7 October 2010

OLW 23 - heavy metal

Good afternoon everyone, a bit of a departure for me posting this late in the day!
it is due to the painting needing to be finished first, and YIPPEEEEEEEEE it's done now. I will have to start putting the room back together on Sunday so that I can see what I need, such as a table & chairs/bookshelves etc.
Anyhow, on to the card which is for Simplicity OLW - heavy metal


I was playing with my friend Viv's new stamps that she bought on our retail therapy trip and made this very simple one layer card in the hopes that it would be suitable for the OLW the next day and 'VOILA' it is just right (I hope). They want something metallic and I heat embossed the images with pewter embossing powder. I must have sent the right vibes over to Simplicity :o)
In the meantime, we had a great shopping trip and the day was brilliant, finishing with Viv's wonderful stew and dumplings (well actually, Viv made the stew and I made the dumplings)  :o) There was just one problem, when I got home I had left my purchases there, 50 miles away in Macclesfield BOOHOO. I got some scrumptious goodies and can't play with them yet :o(
Jackie xx


20 comments:

Doreen said...

A fabulous card Jackie,it looks very classy. Ooh dumplings I haven't had dumplings for years, my mum used to make the best ever dumplings.Looks like we might have a nice stew and dumplings tomorrow.xxx

Susan said...

Cute, cute stamps...and your embossing is wonderful. I still struggle with embossing. Maybe I'll try it again! Wonderful card!

Wishcraft said...

Fab card, love the stamp and embossing. Hope you get your new goodies back soon! Lisa x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Jackie
A beautiful card,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Mina said...

oooohhhh I love mince and dumplings mmmmmmmmm...this is such a fab card Jackie, so elegant and festive...do we get a peek now the paintings finished
MIna xxx

gina g said...

This is gorgeous Jackie i love the sweet image, so glad that you had a fab day but fancy forgetting your new goodies lol. luv gina xx

Joanne said...

Really like this one Jackie! So simple and very elegant and rich looking. Also, thanx so much for your sweet note. It's so good to be back creating again. Hugs, J. :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is the perfect one layer card... perfection!

Lesley said...

Lovely card - g;ad you had a good time in Macclesfield - is it only 50 miles round trip - thought it was more - best wishes Lesley x

coops said...

wow this is fabulous jackie.so effective.i love the clean crisp look :D

xx coops xx

Shaz said...

This is right up my street. Just love the simplicity of it. Fabulous. x

nnalorac said...

Love the simplicity of your card, think I need to adopt this stratedgy to get my christmas cards done. Oh Jackie! how could you of forgotton your lovely new stash. nnalorac.xx

Tracey said...

Jackie, this is a lovely card. Glad the painting is done and good luck with putting everything back in its place tomorrow.

Tracey

Lesley said...

fancy leaving your purchases in Maccclesfield - but I suppose now you must return for more crafting there :) Lesley x

Susan Raihala said...

Are you reading my mind from across the pond, Jackie?

What a perfect card...and perfect for this challenge. Love the balance of your design and the platinum EP is soooo pretty!

Inger Harding said...

Such a lovely card!!
Very classy!
Have a nice weekend.

Inger :)

Mandy said...

Love your card Jackie, simple yet beautiful
hugs Mandy xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - well done to Susan for picking up your vibes!! The image you used is wonderful. I hope your goodies get to you quickly - your heart must have sunk when you realised you'd left them behind! x

Chrissie said...

This is wonderful Jackie! I REALLY love this one.
Shame about the goodies... I know how you must feel!
Chrissie