Followers

Friday 22 July 2011

Brayering + a few charity cards

Good morning everyone, lovely blue sky and fluffy clouds here at the moment, but as I type it is going a tad less bright!
Before I show you my cards I would like to cover a misconception about my brayering. I love to read your lovely comments about my brayering abilities, but I must 'fess up and tell you all that I am no good at what might be termed doing it 'properly'  I use a large brayer that is as wide as my Big & Juicy inkpads, (which are of course multi colours) and only go in a straight line across the card, which I have cut to the same width, and back again, then the same aagain at right angles, a big brayering no no! I have watched videos on the subject and can never get the wonderful effects that they do and they always end up in the bin! 
Okay, time to show you some cards before you all nod off :o)




These are all very simple 4x4 mini cards, the bottom 2 being recycled robins from last year's cards. Not much else I can say about them really, but I hope that the League of Friends of Ilkeston Hospital can make a few pennies from them :o) 
Jackie xx

11 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Jackie - these are just wonderful. I love the embossed backing, and your photos are just fab!

Thanks for your lovely comment on my autumn leaves card. It really is a lovely stamp!

Sue said...

Hi Jackie you are not on your own re the brayering har har lovely set of cards you have made for the hospital leauge of friends i am sure they will be delighted with them we have sun here too today yipee but not holding my breath har har Luv Sue x

gina g said...

These are fab Jackie. luv gina xx

nnalorac said...

Lovely little cards Jackie, love the embossed backgrounds of the first tw, haven't Seen those ones!! At the rate my card making is going I think I will be going down the less is more for Christmas. carolxx

Janette said...

Jackie I love this set of cards, they are all gorgeous, as for your brayering, it all looks fab, so what the hey..lol...Rain, rain and more rain here....yuk.xxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous cards Jackie, I love robins
Kevin xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous cards Jackie
Hugs Dianne xx :)

coops said...

stunning cards jackie.i love the robins, so gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Allthingsinky said...

These Are Beautiful, Love the Embossing,And The Braying Looks Fabulous..

Carole of Brum said...

Hi Jackie, I should think these will be really popular cards, they are a great design, I love the embossed background behind your own photos. I've never tried brayering, it sounds quite difficult! CoB

Loraine Arderne said...

Jackie these are fab and to see those gorgeous pictures of your's again is such a treat!