Followers

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Christmas 15, a different robin

Good morning everyone, I hope all is well in your world...hugs

My card for today features another one of my robin photographs. This one was taken at St. Chads Water, a little reserve about 3 miles from where I live.  It's a lovely spot to sit and read on a summer afternoon. I have mentioned it quite often but never thought to put a link on before, very remiss of me!

My usual white linencard for the base, folded and cut to 6x6.
I opened my photograph inPSE5 and used the cookie cutter to create the topper, taking the colour from the robin for the starburst, then printed it onto the same linencard before cutting it and the mat with Spellbinders die.
I was lucky enough to find a 12x12 DCWV page, which matched the colour beautifully, 
in my stash.
Corners cut with Memory Box snowflake die then cut into two.
That's all there is to it folks :o)
Jackie xx

15 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful as always Jackie.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Jackie, wow love the photo and also love how you turn them into a card. What a delight to receive one of your original creations....just beautiful...
doing my nightly rounds as the internet was woeful this morning...xx


{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, such a beautiful photo and I love the star-burst effect.
Sue xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is just so stunning Ginny x

Alison59 said...

I love the starburst you use on your cards :-)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful Jackie I love that robin
Kevin xx

Christine L said...

Loving the effects you're creating with Photoshop on your superb photos Jackie... ooh and that gorgeous die too!!

Hugs
Christine x

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Jackie, love the gorgeous robin and the fab effect behind him.

Donna x

Jackie T said...

Hi Jackie your card is gorgeous I love the photo of the cute robin. Hugs Jackie

Unknown said...

Love the effects you create with that program Jackie. Your robin is beautiful!
(As you can tell on my blog, the lesson you gave me went straight over my head)!
xxx

Stampsnob. said...

The bird is lovely and the "splash" you display use is so nice.....Lis

ALI said...

Love the starburst effect and a great photograph.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great card and ingenious to use the snowflake that way...I did not get too much how you did the burst? with a cutting knife...anyways love the effect
bibiana

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Lovely work with the PSE - great card xxx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Wow, gorgeous card Jackie - love how you did the starburst with the image - it looks amazing!

Jocelyn x