Followers

Thursday 28 January 2010

PK #21

I don't believe what I have just done! I pressed the back button instead of hide preview and lost the lot so here I go again!
The challenge was to create a project using something vintage or vintage inspired, not a digital thingy, and it must contain at least one stamped image. Well, I decided that as it is far too long since I did a page for my heritage album, that this would be a good opportunity :o)
Obviously the photograph is the vintage bit and the wedding cake is the stamped image (found it in the bottome of a box unused and unloved so decided to give it an airing). I framed the photo and cut the leaves with Sizzix die cuts and the wedding cake was cut with Nestie labels one.
DPs are KI Memories, Crate paper and J&P Jan freebie (see earlier post).
I printed the journalling in Word, Bradley Hand ITC.
Jackie xx

18 comments:

Lesley said...

that's a really lovely scrapbook page - I love social history so this is right up my street - I too hope that I'm active at their ages - lesley x

gina g said...

wow this is fab Jackie, sorry i had to laugh so glad i'm not the only one that does things like that lol. luv gina xx

Joanne said...

Oh Jackie, I really love this. I so enjoyed reading all the info your provided, and the picture is truly priceless! Such a wonderful keepsake, super job! Hugs, J:)

My Creative Time said...

what a pretty page! you did the challenge PERFECT!!!
Thanks for joining us @ Peachy Keen!
hugs,
Emma:)

Janice W. said...

Hi Jackie,
I love the vintage photo! What a great scrapbook page! Sounds like you have longevity on your side. Thanks for sharing a bit of you with us! :) Janice

Squirrel x said...

Jackie, this is an amazing page hun! Love everything about it, it's so evocative of the period. Simply brillliant. Hugs, Squirrelxx

coops said...

fab page, i really love the vintage look and this is gorgeous.luv coops.xx

Mina said...

digital thingy is that a technical term Jackie lol...its s stunning layut, perfect for the era...so beautiful
Mina xxx

Mandy said...

Jackie this is so beautiful hun, fab layout, love the vintage look
Hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Oooh you did a brilliant job of the challenge Jack! I love this page.
Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen my little sparrow.
Love Viv xxx

Joanne said...

Jackie, thanx so much for the link to making the paper flowers!!! I really appreciate it. I need to give it a try. I have other patterns to cut lots of kinds of flowers, but no roses! the little centers of these LOOK like roses - I am going to experiment! Again, Mahalo Nui Loa, HUGS! J:)

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Jackie, yes I think we have all done that at one time or another.xxx

Lynsey said...

Beautiful Scrapbook Page Jackie!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Lynsey x

Sarpreet said...

a beautiful page, love the colours used

nnalorac said...

Great scrapbook page and lovely keepsake Jackie and you made me laugh too, so annoying when you have to start all over again. Usually have forgotton what I said 1st time round. hugs nnalorac.xx

Doreen said...

Hi Jackie I have an award that I would like to pass on to you if you would accept it,please visit my blog. Doreen xxx

Lorie said...

This is just beautiful, Jackie! What a wonderful addition to your heritage album. Thanks for joining us at PKS!

Hugs,
Lorie

Nikki Foraker said...

So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PKS. GOOD LUCK!

nikki