Followers

Monday 31 October 2011

White and gold + updated Cricut snowflake card

Good morning Bloggers, I hope you are all well or getting there :o)
It looks very grey and windy out there this morning but at least it isn't raining.  It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday!
Any way, onto my card for today and an updated card.


 I decided something had to be done with the sparkly Cricut card (see yesterday's post) as it was lacking, so I added a blue panel behind the snowflake cutout edge and I do believe it lifts it considerably :o)


And now for today's card. While I was in CJs craft shop in Edgely, Stockport, a few weeks ago I spotted a gorgeous white and gold card using this Marianne cut and emboss folder and had to make one myself. My layout and flower are not the same as the one in the shop, it was the white and gold that I wanted to recreate and I am quite pleased with the result. The flower is from an SVG file by Penny Duncan and I cut it on the Cricut, the largest layer being 2.5 inches across. All card used is pearlised white and mirri and I must say that I do like the effect :o)
Jackie xx

23 comments:

Handcrafted With Love said...

Wow two stunning cards Jackie I agree the snowflake one does look much better for having the blue behind. The white and gold one is just gorgeous - so clean looking! Well done Jackie you've done an amazing job.

Love Pam xx

Sue said...

Two beautifull cards Jackie and the blue panel does look better Luv Sue x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous cards Jackie, love both of them. Alison xxx

nnalorac said...

Love what you've done with yesterdays card Jackie, fairly shows the edging off so much better, love it. Todays card is just so beautiful, lovely background. It's so mild up here at the mo, making Autumn such a pleasure to enjoy. Carolxx

Doreen said...

Two stunning cards Jackie,the first one is better with the panel behind.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

both cards are gorgeous Jackie, I think adding the blue really lifts the card.
Kevin xx

Carole of Brum said...

Oh yes, the blue panel makes all the difference, I like it a lot. And the white and gold card is stunning! I am wishing I had that die myself now. CoB

Janette said...

Jackie these are just stunning, both are beautiful but the first one is a fav for me....xxx

Allthingsinky said...

Beautiful Cards as always Jackie, Love both of them Gorgeous...

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

The blue finishes it off a treat Jackie ;o)
The new white n gold is a stunner!

coops said...

2 fabulous cards jackie.the sparkle on your 1st card is stunning and your 2nd card is so beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Mina said...

oh wow these are so beautiful Jackie...really elegant and festive
Mina xxx

June Nelson said...

Jackie they are both amazing and so elegant xxxxx

gina g said...

Gorgeous cards Jackie i so love the second one its absolutely beautiful. luv gina xx

Wishcraft said...

Oh there you go again making fabulous Cricut creations while mine just sits there gathering dust and making me feel guilty lol. Two very lovely cards Jackie :o) Lisa x

kay said...

beautiful cards jackie,love the effect,x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jackie, two very beautiful cards. Love the very elegant embossing.

Donna x

Lynsey said...

Hi Jackie, what beautiful Christmas cards! Love the sparkle.
Hugs Lynsey x

Doreen said...

Hi Jackie couldn't find your e-mail but if you are serious about wanting a Poinsettia die it is here

http://cuddlybuddly.com/shop/v8182-marianne-design-creatables-die-poinsettia-straight-lr0122/

Doreen
xxx

Inger Harding said...

Wowwwwww I so love these cards Jackie!!!!
Gorgeous design!

♥ Hugs, Inger

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, these are gorgeous Jackie! Love the sparkle on the first and the splash of gold on the second is fabulous!

Viv said...

Two beautiful cards Jackie, so elegant also! yes I agree the first card is much improved after the addition of the panel :O) Viv xx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Wow Jackie - both these cards are
really gorgeous and elegant.
I always love white cards for Christmas - they seem to shout beautiful and yours are certainly shouting very loud!! Stunning!!

{{hugs||
Jocelyn