Followers

Monday 30 January 2012

Poppies and flutterbies + a wonderful day

Good morning everyone, I hope all is well with you.
I had the most fabulous day yesterday.  Seven of us got together and had a fabbytastic crafting day hosted by our lovely friend Pauline, who is a wonderful cook.
We started off with the usual bacon butties then off we all went to Breedon on the Hill for some retail therapy, where I bought a few Marianne dies and a couple of Big & Juicky inkpads, then it was back to Pauline's for a cuppa and Indian/Mexican snacks before we started making cards. I managed to make two, which I will upload when I have taken their pics later. We had a wonderful pork and apple casserole for dinner followed by lemon meringue and/or strawberry and rhubarb steamed pudding and custard ( I had both LOL, as did most of us)
For the time being the poppies are will have to suffice :o)


I cannot believe that I haven't used my copics since August, I nearly forgot how LOL.
Materials:
White linen card cut and folded to 7x5
Red pearlised card
Martha Stewart flutterby punches (two of them)
Memory Box corner die
Copics
Have a great day :o)
Jackie xx

17 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Jackie,love the image and fab corner die.xxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Jackie ,sounds like you had a wonderful time
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Christine said...

Wow how pretty these poppies look on the dark winters day..very uplifting..love your clean layout.
great card

smiles Christine x

Janette said...

Oh Jackie you do get around and have some fab times, always sounds brilliant, the food alone...mmmmm...lol...Love your card too..xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Jackie, I like the poppies and the butterflies.
Kevin xx

Carole of Brum said...

Sorry, I got distracted at the mention of bacon butties! am now having major sarnie cravings, lol.

Your day sounds fantastic, Jackie, glad you enjoyed it so much. Great card you made too, I really like those poppies. CoB

kay said...

sounds like a fabby day out jackie,and your card is great,x

Viv said...

Really pretty card Jackie. glad you had a nice day - it's great when friends get together!

Donna Mosley said...

So beautiful Jackie. Love the gorgeous flowers.

Donna x

coops said...

gorgeous card jackie.i love the image and your vibrant colours are stunning :D

xx coops xx

Christine L said...

Gorgeous Jackie... those poppies are beautiful. And what a fab day you had.... crafting AND bacon butties? LOL! Wish I'd been there!
Hugs
Christine x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie :o) Love the poppies and all your lovely details. Lisa x

Unknown said...

love this card..and who said bacon butties argg!!! could just have one right now with brown sauce scrummy,,hugs sassyx

June Nelson said...

This is beautiful Jackie love everything about it, and Ihave that corner die too isnt it gorgeous, lovely darlin xxxxxxx

gina g said...

Hi Jackie this is fabulous and i'm so pleased the weather wasn't as bad as expected and everyone made it. luv gina xx

Viv said...

Lovely card Jackie, oh you are making me hungry now too lol :O) Viv xx

Chris said...

Beautiful card Love the poppies. Chris xx