Followers

Sunday 30 December 2012

Just playing with images

Good morning Bloggers, hopefully we will soon be back to normal. I hope you all had the best Christmas ever and that 2013 brings you lots to smile about :o)
Let us all please spare some thoughts for those poor folks who were flooded out, and hope that the weather very soon improves!

On to my card for the day. I thought that as I originally bought my Grand Calibur for cutting shaped cards it was time to get started on a few. Here is the first one.


I used Go Kreate dies for this one. I  folded white linen card to A5 then cut with die. The log and large toadstool are CorelDraw images which had to convert to WMF so I could open them in PSP, then I was able to convert to png so I could merge them. I then printed in word onto Papermania textured card. I wanted the fairies to be just a hint at the edge of vision so I stamped with Versamark then just dabbed with Pan Pastel and added a sprinkling of Glamour Dust. Fairies and sentiment are from Lindsay Mason.
Jackie xx 

17 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Wow! Jackie, this is so gorgeous. Love how you've done the fairies.

Donna x

Sue said...

This is wonderful Jackie. I love the delicate sparkle on the fairy.

Sue xx

Unknown said...

wow fabulous card jaCKIE love the lay out too superb hugs sassyxxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, I like the shape, the colours and the scene.
All the best for 2013.
Kevin xx

Christine L said...

Ooooh Jackie... that's gorgeous! Just the way I imagine a fairy to be!! I really must try using that technique for a fairy image.. Though at present I'm playing with Photoshop again... trying to learn the things it can do for me that I'll forget again tomorrow!

And confession time... I have a Grand Calibur too, but mine sits and gathers dust.... I think it was probably a mistake to buy it... my Cuttlebug seems to do everything I need - apart from the big dies... which again, sit unused!

Hugs
Christine x

Myrna said...

Jackie
Love, love, love what you have done with this card.
Myrna

kay said...

Such a sweet card Jackie,hope you have a super 2013 ,x

coops said...

so gorgeous jackie.really fab shape and i love the fairies and sparkle :D

xx coops xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Jackie,love how you have done this....xxx

Inger Harding said...

This is gorgeous and so sweet Jackie!!
Best Wishes for 2013.
Happy New Year!

♥ Hugs, Inger

Unknown said...

You've done a super job of knitting your images Jackie! This card is SO different from your usual style and it works! Tickled me to read about A5, WMF, PSP and PNG. It's a good job we all know what yer on about! It reminds me of how we used to talk at Astrazeneca! Wishing you a wonderful New Year my very gud bud! It will start off brilliantly with our get together on the 6th!
Lots of love, Viv xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

You are so clever, some of that post was like a foreign language to me, lol! Gorgeous card, love it. Happy New Year x

nnalorac said...

Love what you've created here Jackie , sounds so technical. The end result is just beautiful. Wishing you health and a happy crafting 2013. Carolxc

Tracey said...

Stunning card Jackie. It was lovely to see you recently. Hope you have had a nice Christmas and wishing you a very Happy New Year. Take care Tracey x

Nicecrane Designs said...

Amazing fairies,,, OMG,,,,,,,,,you inspired me.....Thanks for your comments on M. Antoniette May`s Happy Daze blog..She was working with my CS,,,,feel free to choose your favorite product from all my stuff free. E-mail me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, loving the glittery fairy too :) Viv xx

ikki said...

Great card, very clever crafting. ikki