Followers

Sunday 24 March 2013

Back from the wilderness.....

Good morning everyone I hope you are all as well as you can be...hugs
I have been internet-less since last Tuesday and it was like being cut off from everything :o( It turned out to be my ancient cable modem which has worked hard for about 18 years and has now been replaced by a shiny new space age looking hub. I have even been able to get rid of my router because the new hub has an inbuilt one :o)

My Granddaughter Sian has pledged to eat only £1 worth of food for the whole of April, to see why click here and if you feel able to give then please do :o)

Anyhow, onto my card for today which is 8x8


This is a very simple card using my own photograph of a great crested grebe which I took at Attenborough Nature reserve about 4 years or so ago.
8x8 card blank from ?
Photograph opened in Paint Shop Pro and feathered, then flipped to show two birds together.
Printed and sentiment added in Word using Viner Hand font onto Papermania textured card. Cut with Grand Nesties and layered onto the card then Martha Stewart punched borders added :o)
Jackie xx

11 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

No internet, eeeeek! How do we manage without it nowadays. What a great phot which makes a great card

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Jackie, love the image and the gorgeous borders.

Donna x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card Jackie,love the design and gorgeous image.What a lovely cause your granddaughter is supporting.xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jackie. I love the way you have mirrored your photo and the punched border looks beautiful.
Sue xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Jackie
A gorgeous card and lovely to see you back
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Crafty Lark said...

Welcome back indeed Jackie, love how you have used your photo here and a great idea for an Anniversary card. xx Flora

Christine L said...

Beautiful card using one of your fabulous photos Jackie.. I'm sure it will be treasured.

Glad you linen card will come in useful and that it was the type you wanted.

Hugs
Christine x

Chrissy C said...

I love your photographic cards - they are so elegant and different from the norm. love them.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, the image is perfect for and Anniversary and I like the punched borders.
Kevin xx

Myrna said...

Stunning card, Jackie. I so love the way you have show cased your birds.
Myrna

coops said...

gorgeous card jackie.stunning pic and your punched borders are fab :D

xx coops xx