Followers

Monday 28 February 2011

What a day!

Good morning Bloggers, no cards yet but I did manage to print and fold 20+ inserts yesterday, just got to crop them to size and fit them then my 'box' will be looking healthier to take to band practise tomorrow night :o)
I went to my cousin's 50th (surprise) anniversay celebrations on Saturday night and what a fab 60s night it was. No disco, it was live 60s music all the way. What a wonderful change it was for the extended family to get together for other than a funeral!
It was panic stations Sunday morning when my PC decided not to read my external hard drive. I have more than 20,000 of my photographs on that drive, plus thousands of other files, and I thought I had lost them all. Once the panic subsided I tried unplugging the external drive and plugging it back in and Voila, it worked PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I quickly fetched the other ext. hard drive from upstairs and copied all the files over so I now have them all twice, just in case. It took nearly 3 hours to get them safely copied! From now on, when I save anything to the ext. drive, I will copy it to a memory stick then on to the other ext drive.
Anyways up, all's well that ends well and I can now enjoy the rest of my week off :o)
Jackie xx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cooee Jack! Greetings from not so sunny Basingstoke!!! Just been lwandering round your blog looking at your lovely cards again. Shame peeps can't see 'em IRL too. They are all special! See you soon!
Love Viv xxx

Squirrel x said...

Eeeeek! That would have scared me witless hun! I'm a bit naughty and don't back up my stuff as often as I should - perhaps a belated resolution will be to do this once a month from now on. Glad you managed to get it sorted out though! Posting your card today so hope it arrives in time for Wednesday. Hugs, Sxx

nnalorac said...

We do get in a flap don't we Jackie when our computers don't play ball! Got mine sorted out to, never knew I had an off button for the mouse which I must of accidently clicked! Enjoy the rest of your week. Carolxx

kay said...

sounds like a busy weekend,glad you didnt lose your pictures,x

Lesley said...

That was a close call? Sound like a fab family night get together - best wishes Lesley x

Carole of Brum said...

Jackie, you sent shudders down my spine....I don't back up as often as I should either! Glad you saved everything, would have been a very bad day if you'd lost all those files! CoB

Viv said...

Oh dear not good then Jackie! I back mine up to an external drive, I might save some of my best stuff to a memory stick as a back up now :O) Viv H xx