Followers

Saturday 21 May 2011

Wonderful day at Sudbury...

...with my friend Jean.
Before I proceed I would just like to welcome another new follower. Hi Brenda, could you please leave a comment so I can get to your blog :o)
A few of you wanted to see some of my photographs taken on the day's photoshoot, so first off here is a potted background of why we take the pics.
Jean, like me, is a family historian and she also transcribes Derbyshire parish records because some of the old ones - 400 years and more - are deteriorating badly. She has orders from family historians all over the world for the CDs she produces so they can trace their roots. Jean's eyesight is not what it was for driving nowadays so I do the driving and the petrol and she pays for lunch :o)
The photgraphs below are just a few of the kind of pics - I took around 150 - that go onto the CDs so that researchers can get a feel for what the place of their forefathers is like.
For any of you that are family rersearchers, and have ancestry in Derbyshire, here is a link to Jean's website. 


Sudbury Hall


Sudbury parish church


Sudbury post office


Sudbury infant's school


These two I converted to B&W for me because they appeal to me



I was lucky enough to catch sight of these house martin nests and managed -  with a lot of patience -  to get one of them as she/he came back to feed the chicks.
I hope I haven't bored you but I just wanted to show you some of what I love to do when I'm not making cards :o)
Jackie xx

11 comments:

Sue said...

Wonderfull Jackie it must all be so interesting will pop on your friends link later today see what she has thankyou for sharing that Luv Sue x

Janette said...

Morning Jackie, Your posts are never boring, I love to see where you've been and read what you've been up to. Do love abit of history too, love the B/W pics, makes it feel 'older' if you know what I mean. Have a good week-end.xx

jennie'g' said...

lovely photo's bet you had a great day out i am researching my family and my oh at the mo so your friend's site is interesting jenniexx

Carole of Brum said...

Lovely photos, Jackie, I really enjoy seeing them and reading the posts, so you never ever bore me. What great buildings, and you were so lucky to see the housemartin. CoB

coops said...

stunning pics jackie.i love the little housemartins :D

xx coops xx

Tracey said...

Boring Jackie, never. You photographs are amazing and you seem to capture so much detail. So pleased to read you had a lovely day in Sudbury. Take care Tracey x

Sarpreet said...

it is nice to see what you get up to when not card making and nice to learn a little more about you. There are some gorgeous pictures to treasure there. the black and white pictures add a nice touch

Joanne said...

BORE ME????? You must be DAFT LOL!!!! I LOVE your posts when you tell us about where you go, and your beautiful photos, it gives me such a sense of "place" and your life there. This is one of the true wonders of the internet - to be able to connect with others and learn so much of other places. Your pics are wonderful! What an interesting and great thing your friend Jean does! I have traced my roots back to Germany to 1539, it stops there as no other records beyond that can be found. Can't wait to see more and what you create with the pics! Love and THANX for sharing! J:)

Lynsey said...

Great photos as always Jackie!
Hugs Lynsey x

Lynne in NI said...

Sounds like you both had a great day! Fab photos .. I'd love to have a decent camera to play with!

Viv said...

Wonderful photographs again Jackie, not bored at all, I always like seeing your lovely photographs :O) Viv xx