Followers

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Back from the colouring wilderness

Good morning Bloggers, and another gorgeous one it is too. I hope you all had a wonderful Bank Holiday while I was working. How come so many folks do their big weekly food shop on a glorious BH instead of getting out and enjoying the weather for the brief time it's here. Oh well, never mind eh, they must have their reasons and I'm not complaining as it keeps me in a job!
What do I mean by the title? Well, for about 9 months I have not done any colouring, I took an aversion to it for some unknown reason, but I seem to have recovered my enthusiasm at last and this is my first colouring in many months. I was afraid that my copics might have dried up but no, they are still okay, thank goodness :o)


Base card is white linen cut to 8x8. Panel embossed with Embossalicious, this being the third of my three for the price of two folders. Unfortunately you are seeing the debossed side as I used the wrong side, but it still works LOL.
The peony is a digi image and I am sorry to say I cannot remember where I got it. Had it from the days before I sorted them into named files! Coloured with said copics then handcut and attached with foam pads. Sentiment is Penny Black I think. 
The panel was then layered onto red Bazzill. I am happy to say that I really enjoyed colouring again and there will be more :o)
Jackie xx

17 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Whooooooooo welcome back to the fold hunny! Absolutely gorgeous, simple but makes such a statement. Briliant. More please! Hugs Sxx

Squirrel x said...

PS. This would fit our May challenge over at Without Words perfectly!

nnalorac said...

Morning Jackie, bright and sunny here today too. Love your card, lovely image and colouring. Carolxx

Christine L said...

HI Jackie

Well this is a stunning bit of colouring.... so I'm glad you're back doing it!! Fabulous card design also.

Hugs
Christine x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card Jackie,gorgeous image .xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jackie. I love the image and your colouring is beautiful. I am glad that you are starting to enjoy colouring again, you are obviously very good at it!!
Sue xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Jackie, I love the rose,
Kevin xx

brenda said...

Such a beautifully coloured Peony Jackie, you certainly haven't lost your colouring touch.

B x

Myrna said...

Jackie
You have done a beautiful job of coloring. Your fussy cutting on the flower is amazing.
Wish my hand was that steady. :)
Myrna

Wishcraft said...

This is lovely Jackie! Love the flower and you've coloured it beautifully :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Unknown said...

Glad you've got your colouring mojo Jackie! Your card is beautiful! See you soon me old mucker! xxx

coops said...

simply stunning jackie.your rose is so beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Yes, I pulled away from coloring for a bit myself, but didn't have beautiful photos to work with instead...haha ... just die cuts! I don't know what a Bank Holiday is other than the banks must be closed due to a national holiday....like 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, President's Day and 3 others. They always make it on a Monday so people can have a longer weekend. Nice to see you back doing some lovely coloring.

Crafty Lark said...

Your colouring looks great, I am missing mine as I have no space at present. I like the deboss effect also, and often accidentally do this. xx Flora

May said...

Fabulous card Jackie, Love that image & your colouring is great...Hugs May x x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous card Jackie...Love the image...Julieannex

Viv said...

Good to see you back colouring Jackie, beautiful flower and card :) Viv xx