Followers

Tuesday 14 May 2013

I'm a bit late today

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are warmer where you are, it is so cold and miserable here Brrrrrrrrr. I don't like to be over warm but this is not good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spent all day yesterday in Macclesfield having a crafting day with friends, with a little bit of retail therapy thrown in. What could be better. We had a wonderful day and for an hour or so in the afternoon there we were, 3 of us flaked out nodding. I'm not saying which one was snoring, but it wasn't me LOL. I even managed to make 3 cards although 2 of the toppers I had made at home previously.
Thank you Viv for having us and thank you Brenda for driving :o)


This is one of the cards I made. I folded and cut white linen card to 6x6. Panel and flower were cut with nesties, flutterby is a Marianne die cut and the leaves are Memory Box. The only embellishment is a clear gem from Viv's stash


My apologies for the pics being so dark, the lighting is so bad! I may be good at taking pics outside but inside in bad weather is another matter altogether LOL.
While we were in Macclesfield yesterday the heavens opened and threw huge hailstones at us, in less than 5 minutes the street outside was totally white over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jackie xx

18 comments:

kay said...

Fab card Jackie,enjoy your new goodies,I have the heating on here as so cold too x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jackie, hailstones! It's cold and horrible here too but I'm glad to report no hailstones as yet. Your card is beautiful - I like the rich colours. Those embossing folders look promising and it hasn't escaped my notice that there is another pad of our favourite textured cardstock at the bottom of the pile. I like it so much for printing that when I saw that there was only 3 packs left in stock, I snapped them up :) Elizabeth xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This weathe is so strange isn't it. Gorgeous card, love rhe colour

brenda said...

Same weather here Jackie and it's been throwing it down since mind afternoon. Who said it was Spring ?

Very nice card with the tine on tone colours.

B x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, so pretty.
I did have a giggle at the thought of you three crafty girls nodding lol. It's been miserable all day here in the South West, definitely a day for an early bath, PJ's & snuggle indoors for me :)
hugs Mandy xx

Sue said...

This is stunning Jackie. I really love the design and gorgeous colours.
Sounds like you had a fabulous time yesterday. I hope your weather improves soon
Sue xx

nnalorac said...

Love your card Jackie, pretty flower and love the butterfly. Sounds like a fun day had ny all, think I would of been with you on the snooze time lol! Hard work this crafting! Carolxx

Christine said...

Hi Jackie if your late then I'm later still..lol lovely work gorgeous colours..yep same type of weather in north east coast..

smiles Christine x

Crafty Lark said...

Love the colour and layout of your die cuts. Great card. Nice bit of shopping also. xx Flora

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Jackie.
Sue x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Spectacular !!! It grabbed me the moment I saw your card. Nope....it was in low 80's today and will be 90 tomorrow. I DO love HOT weather. HAHA...funny story about you and your friends, but sounds like a marvelous time was had by all.

Myrna said...

Jackie
Such a pretty card!!
You know your friends are the best when you can all have a nap together. lol
Myrna

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card Jackie,fabulous colour.xxx

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous new stash Jackie!!

Hugs
Christine x

Chrissy C said...

Loving your card - right up my street as they say. Glad you had a good time even tho the weather is total pants so far this year.



























































































































































coops said...

so stunning Jackie.gorgeous rich colour and I love your flower and butterfly ;D

xx coops xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the pretty design & details.

Donna x

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, I have that leaf die too and love it. What terrible weather lately isn't it and May too grrrrrr!!!! :) Viv xx