Followers

Sunday 16 March 2014

Flutterby tree + a problem solved

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all well or getting there, {{{{{hugs}}}}} for those who want or need them.
Problem solved! Yes, the flower is a gardenia (see previous post). I have had several peeps tell me so and the final one was from a Master Gardener so gardenia it is. Thank you to everyone who took interest :o)
And now for my flutterby tree. Some time ago I saw a beautiful card with a button tree on it. I think it may have been created by Chrissy of Chrissys4cards, sadly no longer blogging so I can't check that out. BUT, if you know different then please let me know so I may give credit where it is due.
Well I don't have buttons, so I decided to have a go with flutterbies. I must say that I am pleased with the result, so I cut out kits (different sparkly colours) for my friends to make when they came around for a craft evening on Friday and they loved it! 
So, without more ado, here it is.


I was mortified when I blobbed red ink onto the finished card, but I have rectified that by sitting a "fallen" flutterby on it, and as I don't like even numbers I had to put another one on as well!
Although it looks white on here, the card is ivory linen from Paper Mill Direct, plus the red glitter card from The Range. Flutterbies punched with Martha Stewart, Tree cut with Memory Box and and attached to Spellbinders Nesties. Stamped flutterby from Lyndsay Mason set and sentiment from Stamps and Smiles. Nothing new was used in making this card :o)
Jackie xx

20 comments:

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Jackie.
Sue x

brenda said...

Butterflies cover a multitude of sins Jackie and it's such a pretty and delicate card.

So gardenia it is, we don't have one in the gardens so I guessed it was as we have nothing resembling it, process of elimination.

B x

Lisa xx said...

how beautiful Jackie...and what a lovely project for you all to work on xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fabulous idea and one I would love to try, love butterflies. I know what you said about entering candy but you are such a loyal follower and my candies are a thank you. I do hope you will enter my blogaversary candy in June at least. Enjoy your day xx

Sue said...

Your butterfly tree looks gorgeous Jackie. I love the red sparkle and wonderful layout.
Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Jackie.xxx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Jackie, Beautiful card...just love all the butterflies...Joolsx

Viv said...

Ha! Am glad it's not just me who blobs ink onto their cards!! Great cover up job and a lovely card Jackie. x

Christine L said...

It's fabulous Viv... a lovely idea! and I would never have know about the red blob... you've disguised it well! I love your admission too that 'nothing new was used etc..'!! hehe.. made me smile!

Hugs
Christine x

Donna Mosley said...

Very beautiful card Jackie, love it!

Donna x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is really gorgeous Jackie, I like the tree full of butterflies and the colours.
Kevin xx

Lynne in NI said...

What a great idea to use butterflies as leaves! I have a tree die somewhere, so I'll be giving this a go!

Myrna said...

What a marvelous butterfly tree and I love the sparkles.
I always find it so interesting that you call them flutterbys and we call them butterflys.
What ever they are called your tree is gorgeous!!!
Myrna

Unknown said...

Love this Jacxk. The butterfly tree looks amazing in glittery red! Smashing work! xxx

May said...

GORGEOUS Card Jackie... I love the butterfly tree...Love it I adore butterflies...Hugs May x x

vic said...

Wow Jackie this is a stunner! Love your butterfly tree it looks beautiful :)
Hugs
Vic x

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card - best wishes Lesley x

Joanne said...

So pretty! I love your butterflies and the glittery paper you used, it really is eye catching! Super job! Hugs, J :)

coops said...

so beautiful jackie.i love the pretty butterflies ;D

x coops xx

Chrissy C said...

Yes, it was me Jackie. You have done a splendid job with yours and it looks beautiful (little red blob as well).