Followers

Thursday 2 August 2012

Dancing in the moonlight

Oh wow, what a wonderful golden day yesterday. I saw the girls row to victory, and what a race it was, they demolished the rest. I had to go to work before Bradley  got his gold but managed to catch up late last night. Lets not forget the silver and bronze medals too. It's a good job I have a few cards in hand because I am glued to the Olympics at the moment :o)
Anyhow, I digress. My card for today is just something I was playing with and this is the result. Not sure it's quite what I was thinking of but HeyHo my cards rarely are!


I cut and folded white hammered card to 6x6.
The background was created using cotton wool balls and TH distress inks, then I used a white punched circle dabbed with orange, for the moon, and various stamps with black Memento inkpad  to create the scene. The larger mushrooms and the couple were cut on the Cricut using Penny Duncan SVG files.
Right, time to watch the Olympics now :o)
Jackie xx

18 comments:

kay said...

i too was impressed with the olympics and getting more hooked everyday,your card is so romantic,x

Squirrel x said...

I'm not sure what you were thinking either Jackie, but the card works beautifully, love the silhouetted couple, so romantic hun! Yeah Bradley! Velodrome today - which I'll miss with being at work, hmph. Have a good one. Hugs Sxx

Lesley said...

yes we did really well yesterday - I was watching too - love this silhouette card the colours are just right - surprizing what you can achieve with cotton wool balls best wishes Lesley x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Jackie...love the image and fabulous background.xxx

Janette said...

Morning Jackie, Oh I think this is brilliant, looks so gorgeous....
Oh it was a day yesterday wasn't it...lol...xxx

Sue said...

Stunning card Jackie, I love the background and that gorgeous romantic silhouette.

Hugs Sue

Viv said...

Such a lovely card Jackie - was jumping up and down yesterday watching the rowing!! Feel sorry for Chris Froome - he got a great medal but everyone's hailing Bradley and forgetting about him!

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, i'm with you glued to the Olympics. luv gina xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is stunning Jackie!! I love the background
Kevin xx

May said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love how you have done that background perfect colours together..I too am glued to the Olympics.. we are doing a fantastic job... come on Team GB whoo-hoo... Hugs May x x x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Jackie.
Sue x

coops said...

wow this is gorgeous jackie.i really love your backgrouund and fab bride and groom.
i am addicted to the olympics too :D

xx coops xx

Donna Mosley said...

A stunning card Jackie, I love the gorgeous background and fab stamps.

Donna x

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous Jackie, love the inky background and silhouette images. Carolxx

Myrna said...

Jackie
You never cease to amaze me with your imagination and talent. This is absolutely fabulous.
Love it.
Myrna

Viv said...

Another fabulous card Jackie, I just love that little scene you created and the colours here are great too. We are watching the Olympics also, the medals are coming thick and fast now aren't they.Loved the diving, wish I could do that. :) Viv xx

Allthingsinky said...

Evening Jackie, Lovely Card, I love the background colours, Beautiful....

Loraine Arderne said...

Stunning card!