Followers

Saturday 1 August 2015

8x8 70th birthday commission

Good morning everyone, I hope all is well in your world...hugs
It's a bit dull and overcast here but at least it's dry!

A work colleague asked me to make a card for her Mum's 70th birthday and she wanted it to be CAS and include alcohol, karaoke and kindle! I puzzled for days on what to do, and played about on the computer,  and here is the finished card :o)


 I didn't have time to think about buying a champagne flute die as it might not have arrived in time, so I made my own in SCAL, then cut it with my ancient little Cricut. Likewise with the 70. Both were cut from a piece of glittercard which was a creamy white.
Pearlised panel was cut with Spellbinders Grand Nesties then embossed with Embossalicious folder. I used clear gems from stash for the bubbles.



 For the inside I opened a Word Doc and inserted a piece of sheet music and I used WordArt for the text. I didn't like the kid bit as this is for a 70 year old lady, so I changed it to Queen but forgot to take a pic after the change!
Next, I took a photograph of my own kindle and faded the page in PSP, then added the greeting using the Papyrus font.
I am very happy to report that the customer was bery pleased with it, thank goodness :o)
Jackie xx

15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card inside and out Ginny x

Janette said...

Great card Jackie, sure she loves it..x

ALI said...

No wonder they were pleased, you have included everything asked. Great card.

Alison59 said...

Perfect :-)

Doreen said...

Your card is fabulous.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous Jackie and adore your beautiful vellum card below....just gorgeous.xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. I love the elegant design, the creamy white glittered card looks so beautiful.
Sue xx

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant this is such a brilliant card you captured everything perfectly its stunning love and hugs Carole x

Lynsey said...

Hi Jackie what a lovely elegant card for a difficult order!
Hugs Lynsey x

Stampsnob. said...

That is one BIG beautiful birthday card..................Lis

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card, inside and out, I bet it will be loved
Kevin xx

Lynne in NI said...

Great job Jackie, don't think I could have made one for that request! My strangest was a wedding card for a couple who owned a pizza shop, with a young son, who love rabbits and who were going to Australia for their honeymoon!!

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous card Jackie....inside and out....Joolsx

Christine L said...

You're so clever doing all that.... I do hope the person who ordered it was ultra grateful with the amount of work you put into it! I'm sure the recipient loved it being so personalised... you're very patient!

Hugs
Christine x

Marie-Louise said...

This is super Jackie.