Followers

Saturday 29 August 2015

It's that hat again

Good morning everyone, I hope all is well in your world...hugs

It's blue skies and fluffy white clouds here at the moment, how long for? Anybody's guess!

After our Friday night workshop involving this image, I decided I needed the stamp so I bought it and his friend Rudloph LOL and here he is in blue, I will show Rudolph another day!

I "found" a box of ready folded pearlised cards lurking amongst my stash from before I started working at Morrison's nearly 9 years ago so that is how old they are LOL.
I stamped my Woodware snowman onto white smooth 160gsm card from Staples and coloured him with Copics, then handcut him before attaching him with sticky foam pads to the DL card.
I added Glamour Dust to give a bit of sparkle.
Woodware greeting stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Stampendous Detail White powder.
Faux stitching done with a white pen (no name on it).
I tried to make his hat look like it was brushed fabric :o)
Jackie xx
 

23 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Blue is my fave colour for snowmen and this such a fun snowman, fab card

brenda said...

That shk is evading us Jackie, it looks like serious rain here yet again, but there again it is a bank holiday.

What a delightful snowman, such a happy chappie with his winter hat on.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Janette said...

Morning Jackie, What a wonderful card, great image, he is just fabulous....
We too have sunny skies, I am trying very hard to not listen to that silly woman on the fore-cast....is there EVER a Bank Holiday that isn't a wash out....enjoy...xx

ALI said...

I do like this Jackie, looks so different on a blue background.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card Ginny x

Carole Pollard said...

Great card Jackie its a fab stamp and your colouring is great the colours are just perfect love him Love and hugs Carole x

Doreen said...

Love your snowman,a gorgeous card.xxx

Alison59 said...

Ha ha it's amazing what can be "found" in the craft room lol;-)
Love the hat :-)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Jackie I do love that hat!!
Kevin xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Jackie just love the image you have used have a lovely week end
Dianne xx :)

Christine L said...

I had my eye on this snowman too....... and the Rudolph... both are gorgeous and you did a fab job!

Hugs
Christine x

Diane said...

What an adorable snowman and fabulous colors Jackie.

Hugs diane

Inger Harding said...

Wow such a super cute card Jackie!
Love that snowman :)
Thanks for stopping by and your kind words as well.
Have a lovely weekend.

Inger xx

aussie aNNie said...

This is just fabulous, love the image and colours used..
{The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Jackie T said...

Hi Jackie this is a stunning card I love the snowman I am not surprised that you bought the stamp. Hugs Jackie

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, such a fabulous image.
Sue xx

Stampsnob. said...

Love the hat and of course the blue...........Lis

Lynne in NI said...

I love this snowman! Well done on using your old cardstock, I think I may have some prefolded cards in my stash somewhere too that really should be used up!

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Jackie, I love the fab snowman. Hope you are enjoying the long weekend.

Donna x

Joanne said...

Hello Jackie. What an adorable snowman! I can see why you had to have him. Love the shades of blue. Looking back at your lovely creations was a delight, so many and all lovely. Hugs, Joanne

Jacee said...

I just LOVE that hat Jackie, makes me smile. LOL
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Jackie...Lovely card....love the brilliant fun image....Joolsx

kay said...

What a fun image x