Followers

Saturday 8 August 2015

A bit of a change for me

Good morning Bloggers, I hopw all is well in your world...hugs

As my title implies, my card for today is a departure from my usual stuff, but I do like it!
From one of our Friday night sessions, this card was friend Pauline's card for us to make.
It's been a long time since I made a DL card, and I must say that I enjoyed colouring this little fellow. We had th choice of Rudolph or this snowman, both by Woodware, so I chose this one, and I really enjoyed colouring him.
I usually use Copics, but being at Pauline's house I used her Promarkers. 
I got on okay with them but I do love my Copics better LOL.

All the materials were ready for us to play with so I can't give details of papers/card cuz I don't know them!
I did enjoy colouring him in, then I handcut him and mounted onto the card with sticky foam pads to give a bit of depth.
Faux stitching done with an ordinary white pen.
I chose to use the ribbon to make a bowtie for him.
I am seriously thinking of looking for this stamp and the Rudolph one and buying them :o)
Jackie xx

21 comments:

Lisa xx said...

Such a sweet image and the faux stitch looks great xx

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this gorgeous colourful creation....great colouring and concept of the card...hope your weekend is good.
xx
 {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Squirrel x said...

I knew which stamp as soon as I saw his bobble on my Reading List! He's super, and I am happy that you had fun with him. Great card hunny. Hugs xx

Alison59 said...

What a super fun card :-)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love these fab stamps and your colours are lovely

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card and hat Ginny x

Diane said...

Just adorable Jackie, the hat is too cute.

Hugs diane

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, just so love it....xxx

ALI said...

Great card, the stamp is lovely and a great layout.

Jackie T said...

Hi Jackie this is a gorgeous card I love the snowman and his big hat. Hugs Jackie

Carole Pollard said...

Great card love the stamp its such fun Lov and hugs Carole x

Stampsnob. said...

I will say your enjoyment of coloring him shows he is really really fun You should do more "Out of your comfort zone " ........Lis

McCrafty's Cards said...

A great fun Christmas card Jackie!!
Kevin xx

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Jackie, you have coloured him in great. Pleased to read that you are still meeting on a Friday and crafting the night away. Love the vellum flower card of earlier this week too, stunning. Take care, Tracey xx

Lynne in NI said...

What a fab fun card, I'm loving your snowman! How nice for you to have crafting fun with your friends!

coops said...

so gorgeous jckie.i love this stunning image and his bow tie is fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

Babs said...

Oh Jackie your snowman is a real cutie, what a gorgeous card you have made for him..x

Sally H said...

He is absolutely gorgeous, Jackie! Your choice of colours is wonderful and goes perfectly with those papers. The stamp is gorgeous - I may be on the look out for him too!

Christine L said...

Awwww he's fabulous Jackie... I love how you coloured him and the layout! Hmmm I don't think I've made a DL card either for ages.... and I have the envelopes as I used to do lots - Maybe I'll have to do one soon!

Hugs
Christine x

Stampsnob. said...

Why can't I think to pull out the vellum this card is beautiful and vellum flowers would have been perfect on the wedding card I made with feathers...................Lis

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Adorable and love your choice. I've never worked with Promarkers.