Followers

Thursday 17 June 2010

Right out of my depth

I had intended having a crafting day but the overflowing ironing basket shouted at me so I did that instead. A consequence of that is I have only made one card after all :o(
This is a first airing for 2 new sets of stamps. The art deco lady set I bought in Congleton on our craft day and the swirls are what I chose as my prize from Winter Wonderland.

I thought the swirls were just right to compliment the lady's headgear :o)
Background is Tim Holtz distress inks, then stamped the swirls on and used an MS cirner punch just to break up all those straight edges.  Lady coloured with Nellie Snellen markers which I bought on a previous crafting day. The lady is layered up but it doesn't show on here and I added a bit of glamour dust for a touch of bling :o)
Jackie xx

7 comments:

Doreen said...

This is stunning Jackie,I love the art deco lady.xxx

Mina said...

such an elegant card Jackie, I love the woman stamp
Mina xxx

issy said...

Hiya Jackie. This is fabulous. It has great colours, and a great image. It dosent look outta you dept to me. I love it.

issy

Sarpreet said...

hi, this is another gorgeous card from you

coops said...

hiya jackie, this is rwally fantastic.i love your swirled and inked background and the deco lady is gorgeous and i love your colours.luv coops.xx

Chrissie said...

Hi Jackie, this is a great card, the swirls and the lady complement each other really well.
When I had various problems with Blogger, I changed my browser (twice) and the latest one I'm using seems OK. I started with Internet Explorer, then used Firefox, and now I'm using Safari!
Just a thought!
Chrissie

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card
Jackie
Hugs Dianne xx :)