Followers

Sunday 20 July 2014

Sunrise, sunset, take your pick, and a few photographs

Good morning everyone, I hope all is well in your world, hugs.

Did you get the thunderstorms? I have never in my life seen rain like we had here yesterday, it was bouncing up off the road at least a foot!!!!! Only trouble is it didn't cool it down any.

I warn you now that this post is picture heavy so get yourself  settled down with a cuppa :o)





I actually made this card a few weeks ago, but forgot to post it.
Base card is hammered white from Papermill Direct, folded and cut to 6x6.
Mat is black card from stash.
I inked up a square of white smooth card, then stamped with various stamps from Lavinia and Art Impressions. The tree stamp has no name on it, but I bought it second hand many years ago. All stamped with Memento inkpad.
There is any more I can say about it really, except that I hope you like it :o)

An now a few photographs, not my best but I was so happy to finally have the opportunity to take my cameras for a stroll after all the trials and tribulations of the last 18 months. I still can't walk far but at least my blue badge now gets me nearer to where I want to be
I spent literall just about 3/4 of an hour at Trent Lock the other day and OMG did I enjoy it.






 
Are you still awake? I hope I didn't bore you :o) 
 Jackie xx


15 comments:

kay said...

Loving the pics Jackie , fab card and yes we had the storms but during the night x

Sue said...

You never bore me Jackie, it's always such a treat to see your beautiful photos.
Your card is gorgeous too. I love the images and wonderful colours.
Sue xx

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card, love how you layered your colours.
Great pics too, that looks like a nice spot to visit :)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous card, lovely pics too glad you got out and about. We had a hot sunny day yesterday but storms when we went to bad, not as bad as early yesterday morning though, hope that is the last though I fear not.

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Know what you mean about yesterdays' rain Jackie omg! I was out and had to choose between getting soaked or stifling in a lightweight rain jacket...The jacket was less than useless so enjoying the downpour won out :lol:

Your card is full of atmosphere Jackie - bootiful ;)
It's so good to hear you're getting some time 'for you' now after all you've been through :)

vic said...

Gorgeous card Jackie and I love the photos too :)

Hugs

Vic x

aussie aNNie said...

Super fab creation loving this style and colours used and this is relaxing beautiful card.xx
♥aNNieThe Journey is the Start

Carole Pollard said...

Jackie firstly what a stunning card just loving your design. Love seeing your photos always so good. I'm sure these may appear in cards sometime soon Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card and photos thank you for sharing Ginny x

Diane said...

Greetings Jackie, What a wonderful card design and fun pictures.

Hugs Diane

Myrna said...

So lovely to be able to see another country through your eyes.
Beautiful pictures.
I love the one where there water is coming out from between the two walls or whatever they are.
Myrna

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love your photos too.

Donna x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card...Just love your photos...pretty rose one ...Joolsx

Unknown said...

OOh, that card just reminds me of an African plain. Just needed to see a lion come from behind that beautiful tree. Loving the pictures of your trip to the lock. I know how much pleasure you get from these photographing sorties. xxxx

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card and lovely pictures - glad you enjoyed your trip to Trent Lock - it's a really lovely place to have a stroll - Lesley x