Followers

Thursday 19 November 2015

10 card commission

Good morning everyone, I hope all is as well as it can be with you...hugs

The wind is still blowing here but at least it is drying up again, and it isn't really cold yet, although the forecast says it soon will be!

My cousin asked me for 10 of these cards in brown and Ivory, she does so love her browns, and I do too so it was a real pleasure making them for her. Having said that, it is always a real pleasure making cards :o)

Basecard is ivory linencard from the PaperMill shop before they all closed a few years ago, folded and cut to 7x5
Brown textured card is from PDA.
Own photograph of course, you have seen the original when I posted my white version of this card.
Photograph feathered in PSP7 onto same ivory card, an cut with Spellbinders pierced oval die, then raised with sticky foam strips.
White pearlised card used for the panel which is embossed with Darice then lightly chalked.
I added a smidgeon of golf Glamour Dust which isn't very noticeable here, but is very twinkly IRL.
Sentiment stamped with Stamps and Smiles.


I had a little play with paperpiecing, long time since I last did any, and this little card is the result. I dug out an old Stampendous, Retro Trees, stamp for this one.
This is just a little A6 card, a size I rarely make. While I was looking for something else, I came across an A5 box full of hammered card which I had folded into A6 cards years ago and forgotten about, so it looks like I will be making lots more this size for a while LOL.
Green paper background is from my scrapbox, and I stamped the trees onto white linencard scrap, then onto the same green paper. I fussy cut them and stuck them on, then stamped the sentiment with the same stamp as on the set of cards.
I quite like the effect and will possibly do it again :o)
Jackie xx

 
 


19 comments:

brenda said...

How I miss the Pepermill shops Jackie, nothing beats being able to feel the card in person as it's never quite the same ordering on line.

Really like your set of cream and brown cards, but equally a big fan of paper piecing and love that one.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous set and love the little tree's on the last one Ginny x

Janette said...

Both card designs are just gorgeous Jackie....
Still blowing a gale here too, hope it dies down soon though....take care...x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous collection of card here Jackie, and love your green and white one...it's lovely.xx
 { aNNie}

Viv said...

My, you HAVE been busy Jackie! Great set of cards - and I love the Christmas trees!

Jackie T said...

Hi Jackie the cards for your cousin are gorgeous and the green card is beautiful. Hugs Jackie

Alison59 said...

Super makes Jackie :-)

Doreen said...

All gorgeous creations Jackie.xxx

Jacee said...

They look fabulous Jackie
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

ALI said...

Lovely set of cards.The photograph is a great centre piece and I love the paper pierced trees.

Christine L said...

Your cousin is very lucky having her own personal card maker - these are of course gorgeous! It's sometimes nice to do some all alike... a bit like a production line - especially when the person wanting them loves the design and knows the work that goes into them!

I like your little go at paper piecing too - that's a fab stamp!

Hugs
Chrisitne x

Lesley said...

a set of lovely cards and I love the Christmas tree one it's fabulous x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful set of cards Jackie. x

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful set of cards for your cousin she will be delighted to send these great cards I love those trees great paper piecing a perfect card love and hugs Carole x

Stampsnob. said...

You are in demand aren't you Lovely job..........Lis

Diane said...

What a gorgeous collection of cards Jackie, the ivory linen is very pretty. your paper piecing design is adorable.

Hugs Diane

Viv said...

Such beautiful cards here Jackie,lovely set with your amazing photo's again and the paper piecing one is so lovely too ;) Viv xx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous cards Jackie, beautiful designs x

Lynne in NI said...

Your cousin will be pleased with her cards for sure! Love your paperpieced trees too!