Followers

Thursday 12 November 2015

Narrowboat reflections

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the unseasonal mildness, can't really say that I am, its not right. I prefer it when the seasons are defined by the weather!

I thought I would give you a brief break from the Christmas cards today, only today mind you :o)
Had a phone call from my cousin yesterday, she wants 40 Christmas cards so I had better get my skates on then. At least what she wants is a very simple design and all the same so I can set up a production line LOL.

How many of you knew that there were hands free can openers around. I didn't until I saw my daughter using one so I thought it would be ideal for Stephen as he is one handed since his stroke.
He is much more independent now, 2+ years after, but of course, tins defeat him. Anyhow, it arrived yesterday and it is the best invention ever, absolutely brilliant. You just put it on top of the tin, press the button and watch it do it's thing, amazing LOL.

Oooooops! I digress so on to my card for today :o)

My usual 5x7 card, folded and cut from an A4 sheet of white linencard.
My photograph,  taken at Trent Lock in June this year, feathered in PSP7 and printed onto the same white linencard, then cut with Grand Nestie, as is the blue layer.
Sentiment stamped and punched with SU.

This is my original photograph. The colour of the tarp on the boat seems to have changed with feathering :o)
Jackie xx


 

18 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Wowzer Jackie, love this and am enjoying these cards you are making.xx { aNNie}

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Jackie,love your photo.xxx

Lesley said...

love canal boat pictures and this one is superb, great card too. 40 cards will be a production line but it must be great to have such orders :) Yes at this rate we'll be BBQ'ing Christmas day if the weather stays like this quite strange for November!!
Great to see both you and Sandra last Friday - thanks for inviting me for a coffee take care Lesley x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous and wonderful card Jackie
Dianne xx :)

Alison59 said...

Another stunning photo and card :-)

Carole Pollard said...

Another stunning card it just looks wonderful so clever that opener sounds brilliant must take a look Love and hugs Carole x

Viv said...

Another lovely card showing your photography skills Jackie! x

Christine L said...

Loving these narrowboats Jackie and your fabulous card. And blimey - if you have a 40 card order to do, you NEED to get busy!! LOL!

Those can openers sound a very good idea.... though it seems most cans now are ring pull variety. I can't remember the last time I had to get out an opener!

Big hugs
Christine x

Jacee said...

Fabulous card Jackie
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Viv said...

Another beautiful card and photo yet again Jackie! Glad Stephen is doing OK, I have one of those can openers too, so handy ☺ Viv xx

Inger Harding said...

Such a beautiful card and lovely photo Jackie!
Hugs, Inger

Jackie T said...

Hi Jackie this is a stunning card I love how you have used the photograph. Hugs Jackie

Diane said...

Fabulous picture and framing Jackie.

Hugs Diane

Janette said...

Super picture Jackie, love this card....
I agree with you about this weather, it's not right at all, we need the cold snaps too...I live in hope.....have a nice week-end.xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Good to hear news of Stephen and how he is doing. Great photo which makes a great card

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Another stunning card made with one of your photos Jackie...Good to hear the news of Stephen...glad he is doing well....Joolsx

ALI said...

Fab photo and card.

Lynne in NI said...

That's a fab photo Jackie, looks even better on your card with the path removed! I agree, November should be cosy boots and jumpers weather, not summer T-shirts!